Have you been searching for Jamb Syllabus for Use of English 2022/2023? Do you wish to download the Jamb English syllabus for 2022/2023? Then this post is for you. Sit back and enjoy your reading.
Read Also: Jamb Syllabus for Physics 2022/2023 (Pdf download)
Jamb English Syllabus 2022/2023
JAMB English Syllabus is to prepare candidates for JAMB Examination. It contains topics as well as subtopics which students are to study for their JAMB Examination. The aim of this syllabus is to help student prepare for their examination and to test the achievement of the course objectives. The course objectives include:
- Communicate effectively in both written and spoken English;
- Have a sound linguistic basis for learning at the tertiary level.
Jamb Use of English Syllabus 2022/2023
1) Comprehension / Summary
(i) Each of the four passages to be set (one will be a cloze test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 400 words long.
(ii) Questions on passages will test the; following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc)
(d) Synthesis of ideas from the passages
See Also: JAMB Mathematics Syllabus 2022/2023 (PDF Download)
(2.1) Lexis and Structure
- clause and sentence patterns
- word classes and their functions
- mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
- punctuation and spelling
- ordinary usage (words in their denotative or dictionary sense), figurative usage (expressions used in ways other than
literal) and idiomatic usage (expressions whose meanings cannot be determined through a mere combination of
individual words) are to be tested.
(2.2) Oral Forms
- Vowels (monophthongs and diphthongs
- Consonants (including clusters)
- Rhymes (homophones)
- Stress (word, sentence and emphatic)
Jamb Syllabus for English PDF Download
The Mathematics syllabus PDF File has all you need to know about JAMB Syllabus For Mathematics 2022. Kindly click the below link to download.
Use of English Syllabus
Jamb English Syllabus 2022/2023 Recommended Textbook
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001) University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann.
Subscribe to our website naijamula.com.ng to get more updates as they come