If you writing the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and you are writing history as one of your subjects this may warrant you to need the JAMB Syllabus for History. This article shows all you need to know about History JAMB Syllabus as well as the JAMB history syllabus PDF Download.
READ ALSO: JAMB Syllabus for Literature in English 2022 (PDF Download)
What is JAMB History Syllabus all about
JAMB HIstory syllabus is a document that outlines the topics and subtopics that will be covered by JAMB for UTME. Students are therefore advised to go through this syllabus and be adequately prepared for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
General Objectives for the JAMB HIstory Syllabus
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in History is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examinations. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Impart knowledge of Nigerian history from earliest times to the present;
- Identify the similarities and relationships among the peoples of Nigeria as they relate to the issues of national unity and integration;
- Appreciate Nigerian history as the basis to understand West African and African history;
- Apply history to understand Nigerian and Africa’s relationship with the wider world;
- Analyse issues of modernization and development;
- Relate the past to the present and plan for the future.
JAMB History Syllabus PDF Download.
Click the link below to download the JAMB Syllabus for History PDF file.
Jamb History Syllabus 2022/2023 Recommend Textbook
- Abba, A (2006) The Politics of Mallam Aminu Kano, Kaduna Vanguard and Publishers.
- Ayandele, A. E. et al (1986) The Making of Modern Africa, The Twentieth Century Vol 2., Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1971) History of West Africa Vol. I, London, Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1974) History of West Africa Vol. II, London, Longman
- Akinloye, S. A. (1976) Emergent African States: Topics in Twentieth Century African History, Longman.
- Akinyemi, A. B., Agbi, S. O. and Otunbanjo, A. O. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 years. (International Relations) Vol x, Heinemann. Ibadan.
- Anene J. C. and Brown, G (1966) African in the 19th and 20th centuries, Ibadan: University Press.
- Anene J. C. (1966) Southern Nigeria in Transition, 1885 – 1906, Cambridge: University Press.
- Anene, J. C and Brown, G (eds) (1972) African in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries: A Handbook for Teachers and Students, Ibadan: University Press and Nelson.
- Ashiwaju A. I., Croder, M and Denzer, I. R. (eds) Tariki 25, Grassroots Leadership in Colonial West Africa, Vol. 7, London: Longman.
- Atanda, J. A. Ashiwaju, G and Abubakar, Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First Years: Religion Vol. i., Ibadan Heinemann.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1989) Africa and the Wider World, Vol. 1. Lagos: Longman.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1996) Africa and the Wider World, Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: Africa since 1800 Longman publishers.
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: West Africa since 1800, Longman Publishers
- Sokoto Caliphate: History and Legacies, 1804 – 2004, vols. I and II, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Celeman, J. S. (1986) Nigeria: Background to Nationalism, Benin: Broburg and Wistrom.
- Clerk, T. A. (1991) Right Honourable Gentleman: The Life and Times of Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Zaria: Hudahuda Publishing Company.
- Cohen, D. I. and Daniel, J. (eds) (1981) Political Economy of Africa: Selected Readings, London, Longman.
- Crowther, M. West Africa: An introduction to its History, Longman, 1977.
- Crowther, M. Nigeria: An introduction to its History, London:Longman,1979.
- Dike, K. O. (1956) Trade and Politics in the Niger Delta, London: Oxford University Press.
- Ekeh, P. P and Ashiwaju, G. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: Culture, Vol. VII, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Falola, T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vol. I, Lagos: Longman.
- Falola T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman.
- Gboyega, A., Abubakar, Y and Aliyu Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years Public Administration, Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hallet, R. (1975) Africa since 1875, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hopkins, A. G. (1973) An Economic History of West Africa, Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Independence Movement in Africa (Part I), Vol. 3, No. 4 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Government in Pre-Colonial Africa, Vol. 4, No. 2 London, Longman
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated): Peoples and Kingdoms of West Africa in the Pre-colonial Period, Vol. 5, No. 1 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated) Tarikh: Europeans Conquest and African Resistance (Part 2), Vol. 4, London: Longman.
- Ikime, O (1977) The Fall of Nigeria: The British Conquest, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O (ed) (1974) Leadership in 19th Century Africa: Essays from Tarikh, London: Longman
- Ikime, O. (1968) Merchant Price of the Niger Delta, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O. (ed) (1980) Ground work of Nigerian History, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Iseihei, E. (1983) A History of Nigeria, London: Longman.
- Jorre, J. D. (1972) The Nigeria Civil War, London: Hordder and Stoughton.
- Kani, A. M. and Gandi, K. (1990) A State and Society in the Sokoto Caliphate, Series I, Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto.
- Mahdi, A., Kwanashei, G. A and Yakubu M. (eds) (1994) Nigeria: The state of the Nation and the Way Forward, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Martin, P. M and Omera, P. (1995) (eds) Africa (Third Edition), Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Mohammed, B. (1982) Africa and Non-alignment: A study in the Foreign Relations of New Nations, Kano: Triumph Publishers.
- Mohammed A. S. and Adamu, S.(eds) (2005) Nigeria and the Reform of the United Nations, Zaria: Hanwa.
- Nzula, A. T., Potekhin and Zusmanovich (1979) Forced Labour in Colonial Africa, London: Zed Press.
- Offiong, D. A. (1980) Imperialism and Dependency: Obstacles to Development, Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishers.
- Ojigbo, O. (1982) Shehu Shagari: The Biography of Nigeria’s First Executive President, Yugoslavia Mlandiska Knjiga.
- Okafor, I. (1989) History for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha, Jet Publishers.
- Oliver, T. and Afmore, A. (1996) Africa since 1880 (Fourth Edition) New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Olusanya G. O. (1973) The Second World War and Politics in Nigeria, 1939 – 1953, Ibadan: Evans.
- Omar O. (1966) The Zulu Aftermath: A Nineteenth-Century Revolution in Bantu Africa, London: Longman.
if you have any question regarding the History syllabus for JAMB, drop it in the comment section and be sure to get a reply as soon as possible.
Check out: Available scholarships in Nigeria
Subscribe to our website naijamula.com.ng to get more updates as they come