Are You a DSTV subscriber looking for how you can Use the DStv Self Service Nigeria? Then you’re on the right page where you’ll learn how to use the DSTV Self service and everything you need to know concerning DStv Self Service.
What is DSTV Self Service?
I’m sure most of us are still confused about what DSTV Self Service is all about. DSTV Self Service is a feature that allows you to perform all DSTV Services using your mobile phone, tablet or your computer to update your personal details and clear error messages on your DSTV. The DSTV Self Service also allows you to manage and control payments, View your payment history, find locations where you can pay for your subscription and get other useful informations at the comfort of your home.
The DSTV Self Service was released in early 2018 by the GOtv and DStv “Multichoice”. The service got to Nigeria that same year.
The main objective behind this innovation is for easy solution to all sort of problems DStv subscribers face while using, or any difficulty subscribers encounter at any point in time.
The DStv Self-Service comes in different ways. You can use the service with any of the method listed below.
- USSD Self Service: With this method you can make use of the DStv Self-Service Nigeria through USSD code from any mobile network in Nigeria.
- Mobile App Self Service: Another amazing way of making use of the DStv Self-Service Nigeria is by using the mobile app. With this app you can get everything done at the comfort of your home. The app is available for both Android and iOS operating systems.
- Internet Self Service: By the name we all know what it’s all about. This has to do with making use of the official online portal to carry out the activities and all sort of configurations on your DStv.
What Is The DStv Self-Service Nigeria Used For?
With the DStv Self-Service Nigeria you can do a lot of things at the comfort of your home with the above methods of using the service. Below are what you can do with the service.
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES: Read This Also
- 19 Legit Apps/Platforms To Get Instant Loan Without Collateral In Nigeria
- Top Daily Income businesses In Nigeria
- 10 Legit Free Apps To Make Money Online In Nigeria (2021)
- The Altimate Secret on How to Check If an Online Business is Scam or Legit
- 10 Best Game Apps To Win Real Money (2021)
- Tricks to Become a Successful Yahoo Boy and Become Rich Overnight (2021)
- Edit Profile/Personal information: With the DStv Self Service Nigeria, you can easily edit all your personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and a lot more.
- Subscription Renewal/Upgrade: Also, you can upgrade your subscription package. You can also renew your subscription plans whenever they are about to are expired or has expired.
- Clear Error Codes: Another amazing thing about the DStv self-service Nigeria is that you can automatically clear error codes such as E16-4 etc.
All these can be done using the DStv Self-Service Nigeria. You can also check your subscription balance and your details using the service.
How To Use the USSD Self Service Nigeria
- Using your Mobile phone dial *288#
- On the screen that pops up, select option 2 to choose DStv and click the send button.
- In the next screen press 1 and send.
- The next thing is to enter your smart card number. You can get the smartcard number at the back of the scratch card present in your decoder.
- Now, confirm your surname and then submit.
- And that’s all. In case of any other thing, just follow the instructions given and complete your registration.
After the above setup, you can now start using your mobile phone to manage and control your DStv account.
How To Use The Internet Self Service
This happens to be simplest as it only requires you to put some of your information to get enrolled on the internet or online Self Service.
- Log on to their website.
- Click on login at the top of the page.
- Now, Enter your Surname/mobile number and your smartcard number.
- Click the “login” button
- Now, you have successfully logged in to your account.
How To Use The Mobile App Self Service
- Install the app on the Google play store or app store for iPhone users
- Launch the app and sign up using your decoder registration information.
- After signing up, you can now login into your account to carry out any configurations you want to make on your decoder.
How Can To Clear Error Codes Using DStv Self Service Nigeria
Clearing error codes can be done using any of the available method. i.e USSD, Mobile app or the internet method.
How To Clear Error Codes Using USSD
- Dial the USSD code (*288#).
- Choose the option “clear error” or “clear error code”
- Choose the type of error you want to clear.
- Confirm by clicking the send button..
How To Clear Error Codes Using Mobile App
- Log in to your account through your mobile app.
- Locate the “Clear error codes” tab.
- Confirm the error code and submit.
- You will receive a notification informing you that your error clearance request was successful and has been processed.
Ensure your decoder is turned on whenever you want to clear error code. This makes the process easier and faster to debug.
The process of using the mobile app to clear error is the same as of the internet method.
The DStv self service Nigeria is a secured and fast way of managing your DStv account right from your smartphone at the comfort of your home or at any point in time.
In this article I’ve taken you on all you need to know about the service. Please feel free to drop your comment in the comment section below.
Also use your preferred social media channel to share this post with your friends as they might be in need of such information.