There are some Nigerians who have the NIN are still unsure how to go about linking their phone numbers to the 11-digit number. In this post I’ve listed practical ways of updating, retrieving and linking your National Identification Number (NIN) to any of the network providers in Nigeria which iniclude Glo, MTN, 9mobile and Airtel.
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It is expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all round identification. In recent times and maybe in the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activities including banking transactions.
NIMC Enrolment Centres
There are designated centres country-wide and in overseas locations where you can easily work in to register enrol for NIN. To find NIMC enrolment Centres near you, visit the NIMC webpage and click on your state or Diaspora location for a comprehensive list of centres across the location.
What are the requirements for NIN Registration?
To enrol as an adult, walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
NIN Registration Deadline
The deadline for NIN registration and linkage to phone lines has further been extended to April 6, 2021 for all subscribers.
How To Retrieve NIN
NIMC said that Nigerians already enrolled in the NIMC scheme but have lost their NIN should dial *346# to retrieve the NIN. It also said that USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
How To Update NIN on MTN Line
To Update your NIN on MTN, simply dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or; follow the steps listed below:
- Through online registration portal via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- USSD code: Dial *785# or
- Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How To Update NIN on Glo Line
Subscribers are to text “UPDATENIN followed by the NIN First Name
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES: Read This Also
- 19 Legit Apps/Platforms To Get Instant Loan Without Collateral In Nigeria
- Top Daily Income businesses In Nigeria
- 10 Legit Free Apps To Make Money Online In Nigeria (2021)
- The Altimate Secret on How to Check If an Online Business is Scam or Legit
- 10 Best Game Apps To Win Real Money (2021)
- Tricks to Become a Successful Yahoo Boy and Become Rich Overnight (2021)
How To Update NIN on Airtel Line
To update your NIN on your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
- Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission.
How To Update NIN on 9Mobile Line
9mobile said it is making effort to develop a system that would make things simple for its customers. You can check your NIN status by dialling *346# from your 9mobile line.
To link NIN to your 9mobile line, simply;
- Dial the USSD code *200*8# and follow the prompts to submit your details; OR
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin to submit online
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
How To Retrieve NIN Without Phone Number
How can I retrieve my nin without phone number? Don’t worry, if you have lost your phone number (which you used during enrolment for the NIN) and the temporal NIMC slip, then try the following to retrieve your NIN.
- Dial the general retrieval code (*346#) with your current number linked with your BVN
- Try using the NIMC Mobile app – you can get the app at NIMC webpage or on Google Play store
- Go to nimc.gov.ng to print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile
- If none of the above work, then proceed to any NIMC office near you to liaise with an official to help you.
Conclusion: How To Update / Retrieve NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9Mobile
In this article I’ve shared with you how you can update your nin with any of the service using. Do well to share your thoughts using the comment section below and also share this article to your friends on social media.